This is the initial release of ID3.NET, containing the following:
- ID3.NET Core (Id3.dll): Portable class library that contains the bulk of the ID3 functionality.
- ID3.NET File Extensions (Id3.Files.dll): Non-portable library that extends the ID3.NET Core library with the ability to open MP3 files from disk. Targetted at the full .NET Framework.
- ID3.NET Windows Forms Extensions (Id3.WinForms.dll): Library providing image-handling support for the picture frame, built on top of the Windows Forms image classes.
What's not provided:
- ID3.NET Information Providers: Library providing the built-in information providers for retrieving tag information from online services. This didn't make the cut as we're revamping the info provider design, and will release this in a future version.
- ID3.NET WPF Extensions: Provides image-handling support for the picture frame, built on top of the WPF image classes. This will be released in the next version.
This release provides support for ID3 versions 1.0 and 2.3, although not all ID3 frames from v2.3 are supported. Most of the commonly-used frames are currently supported (you can see the list of supported v2.3 frames here
You can still use the library to read v2.3 tags even if they contain unsupported frames. Unrecognized frames will not cause any exceptions, instead they will be stored in a special UnknownFrame
Version 0.2 contains a fix for an ASCII encoding issue in version 0.1 that prevented the framework from loading ID3 v2.3 tags (see Not able to read ID3 v2.3 tags
for more details)
ID3.NET provides NuGet support for each of the released binaries: